The prints of the panels are removed from the frame and taped to the doors of the cupboard. After that I sawed both the polystyrene and the multiply wood to size and sanded / filed them. Next I cleaned out the circular saw, moved all the loose equipment aside and hoovered both the workbench and the floor. The last thing was taping old newspapers to the workbench and then I was ready to start painting.
I placed all the items to be painted on the newspapers. I put nuts and washers underneath the polystyrene parts and some scrap pieces of wood underneath the frame. The vinyl has its own backing so it does not matter if some newspaper parts will stick to it. Besides that it is easier to paint the pliant vinyl when it sits flat on the workbench during painting.