In this picture you see the backside of the first two panels. On the bottom panel you see just the ground wire soldered to the switches. This wire also functions as a support for the other wires. On the top panel the wires that go to the PoKeys device are also soldered to the switches.
Here you see the console with openings cut in the support for the panels to let the wires through. You can also see how the PoKeys device has been mounted to the side of the console.
Against the bottom of the console I fixed strips of wood to be able to mount the led strips. This ledstrip has been cut into pieces of 10cm each. The top of this ledstrip is finished with a transparant layer of silicone. To be able to reach the soldering points you have to remove some of the silicone. Then you have to remove the backing and stick the ledstrip to the wooden strips.
Here you can see the wires coming out of the console. It looks worse that it is. Every hole is for a row of switches. Every column has its own color wire (white=1, blue=2, brown=3, yellow=4, green=5, orange=6, grey=7 and purple=8). The combination hole / color determines the switch.
The wiring for the MCP is finished, but I ran out of wire so I can’t finish the EFIS. I ordered new wires, but it will take a few days until they are delivered. I don’t mind the wait because my fingers are sore from stripping all those wires. With the last series (for the backlighting) I even had to use pliers to hold the wires.